Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Part 1 Speaking Topic 2

Part 1 Speaking Topic 2

WORK
    • What do you do?
    • What are your responsibilities?
    • How many hours do you work each day?
    • Do you enjoy your work?
    • Is there some other kind of work you would rather do?
    • If you could change your job or profession, what would you do?
    • Describe the process of getting a job in your country.
    • Describe the company or organization you work for.
    • What is your position?
    • What do you like about your job?
    • What do you dislike about your job?
Let’s talk about what you do. Do you work or are you a student?
Work
  • What’s your job?
  • Why did you choose that kind of work?
  • How long have you been doing it?
  • What is a typical day like at your work?
  • Are there things you don't like about it? What are they?Make better sentences, get a better score!

Make better sentences, get a better score!

Question: How do you feel about your job?
Common Answer: I like my job very much.
Better Answer: Although you might not believe it, I really enjoy my job every day.

IELTS Work Vocabulary

Part 1-style questions

Examiner: What do you do?
Sasha: I do a job-share with a friend in a boutique … I enjoy it … I like working with customers … unfortunately it’s only temporary work but one of the perks of the job is I get a discount on the clothes …
Examiner: Do you have any career plans yet?
Carly: Yes … I’d like to be my own boss one day … I’m interested in programming and I’d like to create apps for myself or for other companies … I know being self employed would be a challenge but the idea of doing a nine-to-five job doesn’t appeal to me at all …
Examiner: What do you see yourself doing in 10 years time?
Marie: I’d hope to be working … not a high-powered job … but I’m quite a creative person so something where I can work with my hands would be nice … as long as I’m not stuck behind a desk doing something boring  in a dead-end job I’ll be happy …




No comments: